Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Withdraw From the Race

For those of you keeping track at home, in order for me to "win" NaNoWriMo by midnight this Friday I would need to write about 27,000 words in less than four days. That's about 7k per day which isn't gonna happen.

That said, I'm officially giving up on NaNoWriMo, because the pace is a little too crazy for me. I have two big things, notably spending time with my family and getting my academics on track that take precedence over trying to crank out a new chapter every evening.

My story, however, will continue. At irregular intervals I will post chapters as I see fit, ending on whatever word count I end up on when the story I have in mind is told. Thanks for your support, comments, and readership to this point.

3 comments:

  1. Huzzah for proper priorities!
    Word Verification: feicxg
    A.H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you got down 23 thou and even that is an impressive feat for 20 some days.
    Do keep writing when you can so we can know if we die.

    Word Verification: bedjezj

    C.R."K".L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

    *inhales*

    --OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Ryan, let this be a lesson to you about what happens when you let "family" and "academics" get in the way about writing about zombies.

    ReplyDelete